Do you want to improve your smile but feel like you're too old to be wearing braces? Dr.Garrett Hayashi understands how you feel, which is why he offers Invisalign in his office.
More About Invisalign
Invisalign is composed of custom-made clear aligners that are made to fit your upper and lower teeth. The aligners function the same way traditional braces work, as in they apply pressure on each tooth so that it moves into its proper position. Your Honolulu dentist creates these custom aligners using a specialized computer software.
Invisalign's clear plastic aligners are flexible and great for if you need to straighten your teeth and don't want anyone to know you're wearing braces. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign's trays are transparent, allowing you to discreetly straighten your smile.
For the treatment to work, though, you will need to keep them on for a minimum of 20 to 22 hours a day, however, you can take them off if you want to eat, brush your teeth or floss. Some people also like to take their clear aligners off for special events, but you should do this only sparingly
Advantages of Invisalign
There are several benefits to Invisalign. Here are a few:
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are thin, flexible aligners that, unlike metal braces, don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth.
- Hygienic: Because Invisalign is a removable appliance, you will be able to clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you had traditional metal braces. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once.
- Lack of Dietary Limitations: Traditional braces prevent you from eating your favorite foods, like taffy apples or corn, but that's not an issue with Invisalign. You can eat whatever you want because the aligners you wear are removable.
- Discreet: Traditional metal braces can be distracting, especially if you're a teenager or an adult. Invisalign is transparent, so no one will notice if you have braces.
- Protection Against Teeth-Grinding: Clear aligners function as night guards that protect your teeth from excessive teeth grinding and clenching.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Hayashi, call his office at (808) 536-5090 today!