Have you been thinking about improving your appearance with orthodontic treatment? Invisalign may offer the ideal solution if you want to straighten your smile discreetly. Your Honolulu, HI, dentist, Dr. Garrett Hayashi, can help you decide if Invisalign is right for you.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system offers a different approach to orthodontic treatment than other methods. During your treatment, you'll wear a series of removable, clear aligner trays over your teeth. Your dentist creates a digital 3D model of your mouth before treatment begins. The model is used to design your trays and plot the course of your treatment.
Trays are worn for about 22 hours per day for two weeks. At the end of the two-week period, you'll open a new set of trays and begin wearing them.
The clear aligner trays fit snugly over the teeth and become practically invisible. If you want an orthodontic treatment system that doesn't draw unwanted attention, Invisalign offers an excellent option.
Made of comfortable plastic to reduce gum irritation, the trays are removed when eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing.
What types of orthodontic issues does Invisalign improve?
Invisalign can address these smile problems:
- Crooked Teeth: The aligner trays exert gentle pressure on your teeth and gradually realign them. Each set of trays is designed to accomplish a specific straightening goal.
- Gaps: As tooth alignment improves, gaps between teeth disappear.
- Crowding: Do your teeth overlap or grow at odd angles due to crowding? Invisalign also corrects crowding issues.
- Bite Problems: Bite problems can make you feel self-conscious about your appearance, affect your ability to chew or speak clearly, and even damage your teeth. Even subtle bite problems that don't affect the way your teeth look can be an issue.
- Drifting Teeth: Adults are often dismayed to find that their teeth have shifted over the years. Invisalign quickly realigns drifting teeth, restoring your appearance. If you're an adult, you may only need to wear your aligners for a short period to accomplish your goals. In fact, many adults only need to use their trays for six to 12 months.
Transform your smile with Invisalign. Call your dentist in Honolulu, Dr. Hayashi, at (808) 536-5090 to schedule an appointment.