Find out how a series of nearly invisible plastic aligners could straighten your smile.
You love the idea of getting rid of that gap between teeth or fixing your crooked smile but you don’t love the idea of wearing metal braces in order to do it. Fortunately, this isn’t your only option. When you turn to our Honolulu, HI dentist Dr. Garrett T. Hayashi you can get the straighter smile you’ve always wanted without other people noticing.
How Invisalign Works
You may be wondering, “How can aligners that look no different than whitening trays actually straighten my teeth?” This is a great question. While aligners may not look like anything special, each one is specially made from thermoplastic material and is custom-designed based on information mapped out by your Honolulu dentist through special computer technology. This means each set of aligners that you wear will shift certain teeth a designated amount.
When you opt for Invisalign over traditional metal braces you’ll enjoy so many benefits:
- Invisalign is made from transparent plastic so most people won’t even notice that you are wearing braces.
- Invisalign is customized to fit your teeth, so they are more comfortable than metal brackets and wires.
- For adults who choose Invisalign, they may find that the length of treatment is shorter than it would be with traditional braces.
- Invisalign can straighten both teen and adult smiles (but isn’t right for children).
- Invisalign doesn’t require any lifestyle changes. With traditional braces, brushing and flossing can be a challenge and you can only eat certain foods that won’t damage your orthodontics. With Invisalign, you just remove your aligners beforehand and you can enjoy all your favorite foods without worry.
- Teens don’t have to worry about damage to their braces during sports. Just pop out your aligners and place them safely in their case before going out on the field (just remember to always wear a mouthguard while playing sports!).
A Bishop Street Dental Practice is here to cater to all of your dental needs, whether you are interested in what Invisalign can offer you or you want to talk to us about other cosmetic dentistry options. Call our Honolulu, HI dental office today to schedule your next visit!